1.03.2012

2012... Looking ahead...

Happy New Year!!!
3 days in isn't too late to be talking resolutions is it?

Perhaps I shouldn't call them resolutions... That never works out too well for me. Lets go with "Goals" this year. Maybe that will mean I have a better shot at accomplishing some of them!
Last year I had this great idea to only go for one resolution at a time. 
#1 was to make it through my first half marathon. And I did it!!
Yay me!
.
.
.
Yup, that was the end of my 2011 resolutions.
I will say though-
2011 was a year of great personal growth! I felt more me and spoke my mind more than any other year. I'm hoping to keep that up as we head into 2012. That and much, much more.
So, let's take a look at some of the things I want to keep in mind for this year, both personally and here in the blogosphere!

Personally-
*Go to more auditions
*Make it a point to keep in contact with my long distance friends
*Try more of the adventurous recipes I come across on Pinterest
*Get through a book a month
*Finish at least one of my seasonal quilts
*Don't dwell on silly little problems but don't beat myself up for harping on them!
*Iron my clothes...whoops.
*Be a present and available friend, girlfriend, and sister.

Blog-
*Get organized!
*Plan posts on a weekly basis to avoid lulls when I get busy
*Make time to blog hop more and share more blog love
*Make more blog friendships
*Launch my community for Central Florida Bloggers (more on that soon!!)
*Sponsor and get sponsored

I think that pretty much covers it... No doubt as time goes on I'll think of more and talk about them in thrilling epiphany style posts. Im sure you'll be looking forward to that.

And, of course, since it is the first post of the month, it's time for December's month in pictures! I'm just loving having this as a photo diary to look back on. I'm trying to think of some cool things I can do with all the months as I start successfully completing more or even at the end of the year if I manage to keep it up for 12 months! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I hope everyone's year is off to a great start! Did you all do the whole "resolution" thing this year? Anything more interesting than the run of the mill "lose weight/eat better"? Caribou Coffee tweeted recently "Instead of making New Year's resolutions allow yourself to be YOU and enjoy this year as the happy new you!" I loved that! I think its a perfect thing to keep in mind as we keep moving through this exciting new year. 
Here's to all the "happy new you"s out there!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Can't wait to hear more about what you have in store for Central Fl bloggers!!!