It's October!! It's my person's favorite time of year mostly because it's Halloween-y time! And Halloween-y is his favorite! (Is it strange that I refer to it as Halloween-y? That way it's sort of cute and not at all terrifying!) I came home the other day and the apartment was all set up with those old school Halloween cardboard cut-outs he's been toting around for years. I know you know which ones I'm talking about! I love those things! It is not Halloween without them and seeing all the stuff as I walked in just made my night! I lit my pumpkin patch yankee candle and basked in the Halloween goodness!!
In honor of the start of this months festivities, and of course my lovely person who lives for October the other 11 months of the year- A Halloween-y themed Window Shopping Spree!
Before I really get into the meat of it, I need to extend a welcome to all my new followers! I'm SO excited you guys have decided to stick around and see what else I have in store and I hope you keep having fun here!
For all you newbies- Thursday in my world is payday! Yup- it's the day the mouse gives me a little chunk of change for my troubles and I hoard it all away so I can pay for my bills and hopefully save up for bigger "someday" purchases! In an effort to "save more, spend less," every (I use the word every loosely! Girls not perfect!) Thursday I put together a "Window Shopping Spree." Sometimes fashion, sometimes home decor, sometimes a smorgasboard, but always chock full of things I would LOVE to buy if money were not an issue. It's actually a lot of fun! Shopping with no budget? Yes, please and thank you. Sure it would be nice to click the "proceed to check out" button, but my bank account always thanks me once this post goes up! Check out some of the other window shopping sprees here!
Without further ado, my spooooooky-scaaaaaaary Halloween-y Window Shopping Spree!
(Disclaimer: Halloween is a cheesy and hokey holiday. This is some cheesy and hokey shtuff!)
1. Halloween Lantern Lights- Leave it to Pottery Barn to come out with classy Halloween decor... and I want it all!
2. Fancy Pants Twig Gate- I live in an apartment and have absolutely no use for this awesome light up gate... But it's Thursday so who cares?!
3. Light up Pumpkins- Now these are a versatile investment! Good for Halloween and generic enough to work for Thanksgiving! Pumpkins have never looked classier!
4. Creepy Skeleton Drink Dispenser Stand- I just think this is SO cool. AND you can personalize it with your monogram. If I was having a respectable grown-up party I would have to buy this... and the matching condiment set.
5. Cauldron Mugs- I now believe coffee should not be had out of anything BUT these Williams-Sonoma mugs at this time of year. That's a fact.
6. Spooky Town!- I need to preface this by saying- growing up, my mom always had the most kick ass Christmas village! There WILL be similar items when I do the Christmas decor edition of WSS (and Christmas is my favorite so you've been warned). As hokey as it is- I would LOVE to start a Halloween village! And they add new houses every year so it's like never ending fun :) Call me crazy but I think they're so cute. Maybe after a couple more paychecks and coupons, I'll take a little trip to Michael's...
Man... my apartment would be the coolest! Someday I'll indulge in all of these things... and be the most outrageously decorated house for every holiday so people could always talk about the crazy lady down the street. I'll know I've made it when I achieve "crazy lady down the street" status.
Do you guys go all out for Halloween? Are you old school decor or some of this newer "vintage looking" decor thats especially popular this year? I'll be on the look out for finds at Home Goods and Ross and I'll let you all know if I find anything good!
Till next time...