10.10.2011

Motivate me Monday...

***Side note- the onslaught of new followers has been absolutely amazing! Expect a special celebratory post very soon!!***

I'm not sure if I have ever fully explained to you all- Mondays are my Fridays. Working for Disney my work week is completely backwards from the rest of the world so my "weekend" is the middle of the average work week. May seem strange for some people but it actually lets me get most anything done since the rest of the world works on every business day.

I've found lately that during my work days I'm fully capable of eating well! I pack all the right snacks, stick to them, and I'm running around doing shows! Healthy Krystina- check! My weekends are entirely another story...
Enter Ashley from Me and My Boys and her seriously kick booty "Motivate Me Monday" posts. Check her out!! 
Her idea is to post every Monday about getting healthy and sticking to it! She includes info on her progress, recipes, workout tips, and just a whole lot of "you can do it"-ness. I fell in love with it and I am officially jumping on this bandwagon! 
:) Thanks Ashley!

Photobucket

Now, Im not yet ready to post pictures of the scale or my food diary, but I'll get to that point soon enough! Today is all about getting myself motivated to get back to running...

Since this is my first post of this nature- let me explain to you my need to get and stay healthy.
I'm not even 5 feet tall and my weight fluctuates a full 25 pounds on a regular basis. 25 pounds, people!! That is no joke! It takes a serious toll on my knees and back.
These are the 2 extremes of that 25 pound spectrum. Don't see it? Well, it all comes out in my face shape and the fullness of my lovely Cuban hips! Right now, I'm somewhere between the 2 and hoping this will help me get back to that second picture.

First things first though- getting back to running! Here's hoping I'll be ready to do the Miami Half in January and the Disney Princess Half in February... I have to admit, I get nervous about signing up because I'm afraid I can't do it again. 


A friend of mine that's been running to get healthy (and has inspired everyone around her in doing it!) recently ran the Disneyland half and came across someone wearing a tshirt with a quote that so honestly says how I feel. So I turned it into an image that I could use to motivate myself...






























I need to remind myself of this regularly.

What do you guys do when you need to motivate yourselves? I need to just commit and sign up for these races when I get paid on thursday! Feel free to call me out on that when I get my Thursday Window Shopping Spree up!

Till next time...

7 comments:

Ashley said...

hey girl! I'm so glad your getting motivated.. this post rocks! I have always wanted to do a marathon of some sort or even a 5k. I am a little hesitant...but that quote totally rocks and would love to be able to say I HAVE! thanks for sharing:) keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean about being healthier during the work week! I'm the same way. My weight tends to fluctuate, too, which I hate. Staying motivated and eating healthy is a constant battle for me. It helps me to remember that each day is a clean slate. Whatever I did (or ate) yesterday doesn't matter today. Today I can choose to be healthy. Plus, drinking a full glass of water and then brushing my teeth really helps me get rid of my cravings! :)

~ Angela
grahamandangela.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

I feel exactly the same as the quote. I get a little prouder of myself every time I get to tell someone I've done 2 half marathons. It's an incredible feeling! Good luck with your training! Maybe I'll see you at the Princess (or at Disney since we're hitting up the Disney Jr show this weekend!)

Unknown said...

Love that you are getting out there and getting motivated!! I'm running the princess half in February too! It will be my first half marathon and I'm totally excited about it.

I tagged you as one of my 5 favorite gals in my post from today! I'm excited to see what your 5 goals for fall are!

two birds said...

best of luck to you! i am sure it will be a breeze for you! with the crowds cheering you on and the excitement of the whole day...it is actually easier than you think! good luck!

cssolomon said...

OMG, I'm in the same boat. I'm 5 feet and my weight also fluctuates pretty drastically. I haven't jogged in a couple of months and I'm starting to notice the weight gain and not so peppy pep in my step. Its hard for me to find motivation, but honestly finding inspirational blogs help :)

Angie Lee said...

i think you look absolutely gorgeous in both pictures. Cuban hips rule. :)
xo!