9.08.2011

A Pet-centric Window Shopping Spree...

If anyone is surprised this weeks window shopping is solely focused on pet goodness, you clearly haven't been by recently...

Day 3 of Bentley being home and so far so good! I was so worried about crate training and house breaking but *knock on wood* we lucked out and got ourselves a pretty kick ass pup!

He took to his crate IMMEDIATELY if not sooner. Why wouldn't he, though? It's the home of his comfy bed, best toys, and where he gets treats and food! I was surprised that he loved his bed too. I feel like pet beds are often for the owners benefit. We buy them thinking- "This is adorable and I'm being so thoughtful investing in a comfy spot for my furry friend," but the pet will inevitably take to a random spot on the tile before going anywhere near said bed. Not the case with Bentley bug. even when he falls asleep off the bed it's only a matter of time before he rearranges himself further back. His crate is SO much his little place, that when we're playing with him, once he's had enough he just walks into the room and straight into his crate. It's perfect!

House breaking has been a breeze so far. I have no doubt I've just officially jinxed myself... I mean, the little guy is 8 weeks old! He's bound to have accidents at some point. Sure have had to take him out at 6 am! But it's easy to tell that he's whining because he has to go potty when he DOES NOT whine otherwise. (Except a couple whimpers when he's having crazy eyes-half-open dreams). I was so concerned about waking neighbors because puppies apparently whine all night when they first come home. Bentley sleeps. Unless he has to go potty, or he's eating, or wants to play. And when I haven't woken up in time, he goes potty on his puppy pads. Thank all that is good for this little blessing in the process. Still working on getting up and down the stairs to go potty though. And burying his face in this grass. Worms are not puppy food!

As for the puppies and cats, I'm proud to say there's been NO hostile behavior or body language. The cats are just really curious but not quite prepared to play with him. There's been no barking or hissing and no negative posturing on either end! I'm really looking forward to the cats not being (for lack of a better word) scaredy cats and actually enjoying their new playmate. I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

And without further ado- My pet-centric window shopping spree...


1. Headless Horseman Halloween Costume- the person gave me the green light for pet halloween costumes and I could not be more sad that this doesn't come in a smaller size!! Target has ADORABLE pet costumes. Quite frankly, Target has everything. I'm on the lookout though!
2. Kitty Cat Pirate Hat- Arrrrrrrrrrgh! Cats do not do as well with costumes but holy goodness, if I wouldn't love to see Rusty in this hat... I'm starting to sound like a crazy lady...
3. Martha Stewart Puppy Harness- I am beyond obsessed with her line at PetSmart. It doesn't help that the puppy model is a Boston...
4. Martha's Puppy Robe- I am very aware this is completely unnecessary. If I only "bought" necessary things during my window shopping sprees, these posts would cease to exist!
5. Martha Pet Food Scoopers- All things Martha Stewart Pets. In my house. Now.
6. Awesome Cat Tower- Overpriced? Yes! Would this stop the cats from sleeping on top of the fridge and kitchen counters? Hell no!

Ahh pointless pet products! How I love you all! I do spoil the zoo we've got but I'm not remotely this crazy. Besides- I've learned quickly that if puppies have a whole lot of toys they are less likely to disturb your stuff. Like the Dog Whisperer taught me- just redirect the behavior! It absolutely works.

Do you all have any pointless goodies for your pets? Please share so I don't feel as bad :)

Until next time...

1 comment:

Deidre said...

ok the kitty pirate hat is just hysterical!