6.24.2011

The "magical disappearing cookie" recipe...

I wish I was calling these cookies by this name because they were somehow a delicious low calorie chocolate chip cookie alternative. That is not the case. I'm calling them this because somehow, every time I've made them- I bake a dozen cookies, I eat 2, and by the next morning the other 10 have disappeared. Magic! Or someone around here is going to start showing a ridiculous amount of weight gain... Ok, in his defense, there are often 2 left in the morning. But those also disappear in a matter of hours! Actually, it's really impressive!

Because the person has been out of town, I thought it'd be sort of nice to make a post dedicated to something he likes. Well, it would seem as of late, he LOVES these cookies. That or he sacrifices a ridiculous amount of calories just to spare my feelings. I'm going to go with the "they're delicious" one because I happen to also love them. In fact, it's a good thing they disappear because I would down much more than my hopefully shrinking bum bum should be getting. So give these a try!! And let me know how you like them :)

Magical disappearing chocolate chip cookies-

Yummy things you need-

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar (I'm VERY generous with this number)

1 Cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

10 oz bag chocolate chips (Though most people go with semisweet, I much prefer milk chocolate!!)

How to make the magic-

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

2. Cream your butter and sugars then add in the eggs and vanilla till I mixed up and yummy looking

3. In a separate bowl- mix the flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients then add the chocolate chips to your liking.

Then pop them in the oven for about 12 min.! Then I like to turn off the oven and let them slow cook for an extra 4 minutes before pulling them out to let them cool. So easy and SO delicious. :) I know what you're thinking, and yes, you should go make them RIGHT NOW!!



I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!! There's nothing quite as comforting as really good homebaked treats! So eat them with lots of love!! And possibly consider hiding a few so you still get some when the majority of them go missing...

No comments: