Happy Thursday everyone!!
Now before we can move on to spreading Christmas cheer, we all have to have our fair share of turkey and pumpkin pie eating! That's right people- Thanksgiving needs its time. I LOVE Christmas, it's my very favorite time of the year. But still, I think it's important that we have this time of year to reflect on our blessings and all of the things we're thankful for. I really like that for the whole month people make it a point to stop and give thanks when we don't always make it a point to think about and verbalize our blessings! Even on the crappiest day, there is something or someone to be thankful for!
For this week's window shopping spree, I decided to highlight products that give back! Around this time, we all start doing our Christmas shopping. There are so many incredible items out there that give back to some amazing foundations. So not only do you get your Christmas shopping done but you're also making a donation to a wonderful cause, no added expense on your part.
Take a look at some of the fun things I found when I looked for gifts that give back...
1. Those Really cute Toms shoes- In case you've been living under a rock, Toms are the shoes that donate one pair of shoes to needy children for every pair purchased. They started out simple but are coming out with new designs constantly! They even have some adorable flats being released for Spring of 2012!
2. Rachael Ray Baking goodies- The products with Rachael Ray's "yum-o" branding gives back entirely to her special foundation. She developed it to empower kids and their families to have a healthy relationship with food and cooking which continues to be an important issue as we keep battling obesity in our youth.
3. Gorgeous whistle necklace- These necklaces are sold in different finishes by the "Falling Whistles" campaign that fights for peace in the Congo. This symbol encourages its wearers to be a whistleblower for peace.
4. Rustic "Feed" bags- These bags, made from environmentally friendly materials, help to feed children all over the world. This bag in particular feeds 2 children in school for an entire year through the United Nations World Food Program.
5. "This Season on Broadway" snow globe- Every year, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids sells a special snow globe that features all the shows that appeared on the great white way that year. They sell a ton of products but this is a foundation near and dear to my heart since I'm a proud member of Actor's Equity. The foundation works tirelessly using their resources and talents to raise money for people with AIDS and other critical illnesses.
6. OneHope Wine- This is extremely impressive and one gift I'm sure alot of people could give to someone. This charity brand donates 50% of their products back to the cause. Each wine has a specific charity attached to it but as the purchaser, you also decide on a charity to donate some more of the money too. Brilliant!
How cool is all of that? And there's so much more out there if you just go looking through causes that mean something to you! Also- Amazon has a ton of partnerships with some great foundations where they will donate a percentage of whatever you buy back to them. I'm sure a ton of you order from amazon, why not do it in a way that will give back?
So here's to a season of being thankful and giving back as much as we can! Let me know of any other fun ways to give back you all know about too!
Until next time...