11.25.2011

Friday's Fancies- Black Friday!

Hello my turkey filled loves!
Unless you're vegetarian... in which case- Hello my tofurkey filled loves! Or whatever your vegetarian alternative of choice may be...

Once again, while you're all cheering over it being Friday, it's my Monday. Back to work I go! Let's be honest though- I have no room to complain. Check out the guest post I did over on Truly Lovely yesterday if you want to get really jealous of my view out of work...

I hope you all had lovely and delicious Thanksgiving celebrations of some sort! Mine was especially filled with laughter and tasty goodness. Call it mean, but my Grandma always provides hours of entertainment! I LOVE old people and I really do respect them, but making fun of her with my sister just always makes me pee in my pants laugh. And that, my friends is what the holidays are about! Le sigh.

Once we had had our fill of triple our daily calorie allotment, my sister and my mom decided to get engrossed in online black friday details. The iPads and laptops came out and they started to search for good deals they could sink their teeth into... I, on the other hand, perused Facebook. :)
I will say online is the way to go. Unless you're going to be amused by other shoppers or are just a casual hopeful! If you're one of the crazies- get a grip!! If you need a deal on a huge HD television so bad that you're willing to punch a baby... perhaps you need to reevaluate some things... and highly reconsider spending this money at all. Just saying!

For this week's Friday's Fancies with {long distance loving}, the theme is Black Friday- any which way we want or may be inspired by that.
I chose to put together my ideal outfit if I made the fatal mistake of venturing into the mall tomorrow. I chose to stick with black because, well, it's Black Friday. Plus- it's slimming and after all that food, I could use it! I also kept in mind that for such an adventure, comfort would be of utmost importance! Fancy flats and a comfy sweater were a must. Despite the comfort, I tried to keep it classy looking with some fancy pants/expensive accessories to let people know that I mean business! As much as it always pisses me off, I always notice that I get treated with more respect in stores when I look put together and when I'm wearing clearly pricier pieces. Disgusting, is it not? It always irks me and I almost always walk out not purchasing anything because I get so ticked. But if I'm going in to shop, I better own it! "You better cater to me biznatch! I could buy this whole store!" ... (Let it be known, I could NEVER have this attitude! But it's fun to pretend!)
FF- Black Friday

...Yup, if I was venturing out amongst the crazies, this would be the best outfit to do it in...
Happy Black Friday, everyone!! If you've gone looking for deals, I hope you got them!
Don't forget, you only have a couple more days to think of a wish that your fellow bloggers can help you with for the first Wish! {out loud} link-up!

...
...
...
...So who's ready to decorate for Christmas?

11 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Cute outfit! :) And your assessment of the crazies on Black Friday made me laugh! I couldn't agree more! :)

natasha {schue love} said...

Love the top! Such a cute outfit for Black Friday! :)

April said...

Love that key necklace! This outfit looks pretty comfy!

Danielle and Trev said...

LOVE your blog!! Adorable. New follower! :)

Val Fox said...

I am, I am! I am SO ready to decorate for Christmas, but I need to find a table top tree this year because I'm positive I would have a super hard time keeping my toddler from tearing a regular Christmas tree apart. Anyway, I love this outfit! I went the comfy shopping outfit route as well, even though I didn't get up early to do any crazy Black Friday shopping!

Crystal said...

I'm giving away a key necklace almost like that on my blog! ;)

siddathornton said...

what a sweet top - i love it. and i certainly didn't venture out with the crazies - i never do!

Mika said...

Love the outfit! I actually have a top that is pretty similar, I should have worn it on Friday. We don't do any Black Friday shopping though, we like to sleep in. :)

Laura Darling said...

I'm with you on the online shopping!! That is definitely the way to go!

HAUTE WIFE TODAY said...

A pair of Tory Burch flats are both comfortable and fashionable for a long day of shopping!

Haute Wife Today

Unknown said...

Just checked out your guest post. We took our girls to see the festival of lights a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure we saw you in the Disney Jr show lol.

I also did theater until I had my first child. How ironic!