Today I was planning on doing another fancy pants outfit with a price tag that makes me want to hurl.
But my throat hurts and my body aches and I don't really feel like looking up that sort of stuff-
I just want to look up some comfy cozy "stay on the couch all day" goodness. When I was little and I'd have to go home early from school, my mom liked to put together care packages to make me feel better.
**Thanks Mommy! lol**
**Thanks Mommy! lol**
Forgive me if this is boring to any of you, but this is a collection of what I wish was with me to waste a day doing nothing when I feel like poop! Fancy shmancy and cool/exciting will resume next week!
1. U Shaped Body Pillow- I have wanted this forever!!! It's so fantastically unnecessary and my pets would totally get jealous because nothing else would fit on the couch with me- but I would SO cuddle up to this. Delicious.
2. The Nook Color- Another product I REALLY don't need. I have an iPad... It has a Nook app... Oh well!! I also happen to be of the "I like having real books to then put on the bookshelf" mindset. But! When I'm sick on the couch, my area tends to get over run with medicine, and tissues, and books, and magazines, and any other obnoxious thing you can think of. This would at least eliminate the number of books!
3. A Kate Spade Case for said Nook Color- If I'm going to get an unnecessary tech item, I obviously need an unnecessary case for it. That's just common sense people.
4. Rosetta Stone in Italian- I want to learn Italian SO bad! If I have no choice but to remain on the couch, why not take advantage of having nothing else to devote my attention to? Can you imagine- "I had a cold so I started learning Italian! I got the stomach virus and thats when I really mastered it!" I think it's brilliant.
5. Nancy Drew Computer Games- Whoops, is my geek showing?! I'm really not a gamer by any means, but at some point in college I started buying these games to do "non-course work related, mindless fun" and I never turned back. There are 25 games in the series so far and I'm only missing 6... They're such a blast though!! You solve the mystery-adventure game, as Nancy Drew, and go through all these really hard puzzles in the process. Oh dear... I just gave up some serious cool points revealing that... I'm sure the image of me on a couch, surrounded by snot rags in no way affected my cool points though. Neither did referring to them as "cool points."
6. A snacky treat gift basket- I'm ever so slightly starving with zero motivation to get off this couch to prepare anything for myself... This would come so in handy!! Just reach over and grab something with enough preservatives in it to make it from whatever random store it came from to my coffee table! Yum!
Although I didn't put up a picture of it, mainly because I don't need to purchase it, another big comfort for me is white rice with a fried egg mixed into it. This will more than likely be today's meal of choice (insert brown rice though) as it has been with every cold since the beginning of time. Or just my life. I've always called it "Wehweetoh con fwehfweetoh", which is my phonetic interpretation of how I would always try to say "Arroz con huevo frito" (rice with fried egg in Spanish). But good luck navigating through that phonetic interpretation. lol Maybe I'll say it out loud in a vlog some time soon if you're lucky.
So what do you all do when you're stuck at home, sick? Comforts, wishes, anything you'd be embarrassed to admit happens under such circumstances? Come on, I admitted to my Nancy Drew games!
Till next time...