I know by this time of year where a lot of you are, it's starting to get down right cold. When you've lived in Florida your entire life, 50 degrees is peacoat and scarf weather! That's winter though.
Today, we celebrate Fall!
Even though leaves don't change colors down here, there is still a certain something that changes in the air. I'm sure there are scientific reasons and cold fronts and all that, but it goes beyond those things. I'm talking about that feeling you get just being outside around this time of year. As we head into the warm/fuzzies time that is the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's trifecta, (I suppose we could lump Halloween in there but what the hell would we call that? A quadfecta? I made that up... don't google it.) the world in general gets a little cozier. We start spending more time in coffee shops and appreciating nature without complaining about it being too hot. There's something about wearing sweaters and the drop in temperature that makes everyone want to hug. Is that ridiculous? I honestly believe there's a drastic rise in hugging at this time of year. I love it.
Am I alone in noticing these things? Do you think a certain something changes when we hit this point of the year?
Any hoot- for today's window shopping spree, I've put together a comfy cozy fall outfit.
Nothing too extravagant, just the kind of thing you'd want to be wearing to walk around outside and take in all the loveliness! Possibly with (but not limited to) a pumpkin spice latte in hand. I'll be honest, I could have a pumpkin spice latte in hand doing anything at this time of year.
1. New dark blue jeans- Call me crazy but I always have and always will love Gap jeans. It's so frustrating for me to shop for jeans because of my curvacious Cuban hips, but I find their jeans tend to fit me rather nicely! And I LOVE dark denim in the fall!
2. J. Crew silky emerald top- Most importantly, it looks delicious!! And I love adding pops of jewel tones with my neutrals this time of year. And how adorable are the little buttons at the cuffs? Silly that I'd fall for a little detail like that but I love it.
3. Grandpa looking sweater- From Anthropologie... I am too short to pull off these long sweaters- but I wear them any way. It's like walking around all day with a blanket. I approve!
4. Blowfish kicking booty boots- Really just to show people "even though I'm feeling cuddly in this Fall weather, I can still throw down if need be!" And I really just love the boot situation going on in fashion world.
5. Yet ANOTHER fossil handbag- Are you sick of my fossil bag obsession yet? I realize I include them slightly too often, but I want one. Santa better be reading my blog... He'll have more a heads up when he gets my Christmas list that includes 3 different sized Fossil bags and a matching wallet. Such overkill. I don't care.
6. One of those La Mer watches that I want in every color- This is just one of MANY of these watches I want. They come in every color and you can even custom design one! Wrap watches have my heart right now.
Have you added any new fall type goodness to your wardrobe? New boots/sweaters/ bags? I'm always looking for new stores and websites to look for stuff on- where do you guys like to shop for this sort of thing?
Happy Thursday everybody! Don't worry- Your week is almost over. I, however, am back to work tomorrow! Oh the joys of my backwards weeks!